Friday, June 11, 2010

T-Shirt to Document Big 12 Changes

Below is a t-shirt I purchased upon joining the Texas Tech faculty in 1997, and which I wore today. With the help of some PowerPoint editing (especially the transparency feature of color filling, of which I've become enamored) and the ability to save as a JPEG, I've created the following display to denote the exits of schools from the Big 12 conference. I'll post updated versions as circumstances warrant -- and I think the tinting of new squares will indeed become warranted.


AFTERNOON UPDATE: Nebraska has officially announced its plans to move to the Big 10.

----------

Coming up in about an hour (at 1:00 Central), huskers.com will carry live the Nebraska Regents meeting, at which AD Tom Osborne and Chancellor Harvey Perlman will make a presentation. Look for a Nebraska move to the Big 10.

Another rumor I've seen is that Missouri may be considering (or be under consideration) for a spot in the SEC. Missouri would give Texas A&M a former Big 12 traveling mate, should the Aggies end up making the switch to the SEC. Geographically, Missouri is contiguous with Arkansas, who is in the SEC.

No comments:

Post a Comment